School HistoryIn 1949 Judge Memorial Grade School became the financial responsibility of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. Children attended daily Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes Church with school remaining in the remodeled Judge Mercy Hospital under the direction of the Sisters of the Holy Cross. On May 17, 1965 the new parish school opened with nearly 450 students in grades K-8.
Since then, there have been many changes at Our Lady of Lourdes School. Our class sizes have shrunk considerably in recognition of the value of individualized instruction. Our faculty has shifted from primarily sisters to professional lay teachers. Our programs have expanded to more effectively meet the needs of each student, to utilize the latest technology and to meet the demands of an increasingly fast paced, complex and globally oriented world.
What hasn’t changed at Our Lady of Lourdes School is our commitment to academic excellence and our commitment to providing a Catholic education that teaches to the whole child in a strong community of faith.